Pine Honey & Mastic
A base ingredient of ancient remedies since the dawning of medicine, mastic is known for its digestive properties. No other flavour is more distinct and connected to the Greek tradition - except maybe for
honey - bringing uniqueness to everything it touches. Perfectly combined here with malty Pine honey.
- 100% Greek raw pine honey & mastic
- Aroma: a clear, herbaceous aroma
- Colour: dark amber
- Taste: less boldly sweet with nutty and distinct woody pine overtones
- Properties:antioxidant, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities. Healthy gastrointestinal system,
beneficial effects for both oral hygiene and skin care.
- Crystallization: it does not crystallize easily due to the low natural sugar and water concentration
- No artificial flavors/colorings/additives
Crystallization is a natural and uncontrolled phenomenon that causes pure raw honey to become thick and cloudy. Honey is a super-saturated solution of two sugars: glucose and fructose. Glucose sugar separates from water and become crystals, while fructose remains as a liquid. The best way to convert honey into smooth liquid is to apply a heating method with warm water that should not exceed 35°C, otherwise its nutritious properties will be destroyed. Microwave use is to be strictly avoided.